Eating frequently throughout the day is the best way to rev up your metabolism, as well as fuel up for competition. Add these snacks to your shopping list and take them with you in you bag or keep non-perishables in your locker.
Carbs (for energy) + Protein (for muscle rebuilding) = WINNING SNACK
||Peanut Butter & Jelly
Download WINforum’s Snack Attack Game Plan
Hit it home with some of our WINForum Athletes’ favorite snacks
- Yogurt Parfait (yogurt, fruit, granola) in a plastic to go container.
- Sports Nachos (Baked chips w low fat cheese, chicken chunks, salsa)
- Tortilla Roll-Up (whole wheat tortilla with turkey, cheese sticks, tomato)
- Quesadilla (2% cheese and black beans) w salsa on top
- Granola Bar Sandwich (Nature Valley Granola Bar with Peanut Butter in between and raisins)
- Frozen Bananas dipped in yogurt
- “No Sugar Added” Applesauce with Peanut Butter mixed in
- Kennedy, Basketball age 18
- Skim latte and almond biscotti cookie at coffee shop
- Spencer’s High Performance Smoothie
- Spencer, Track- Sprinter, Age 15
- 8-12 ounces 2% Milk or Yogurt
- 2 T of peanut butter or scoop protein powder
- Fresh or Frozen Fruit (Banana or strawberries)
- Blend with Ice and serve.